Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Did You Just Make Love?

I am a huge fan of Google Maps because of the many ways it can be used and integrated into other technology. Some of its uses are really convenient, such as finding the closest parking lot in your downtown core, to more voyeuristic purposes just for the heck of it.

The application I'm about to blog about definitely falls into the latter category, as I Just Made Love is well, fairly self explanatory.

Using Google Maps, a user can place a marker down on a map to indicate where they just made love, then leave a description, whether your experience was indoor or outdoor, the sexual orientation of the two involved, positions performed and a few other juicy details.

The creepy voyeur in me wants to click on every single one of these and read the details behind every hookup. That could take some time, as there are over 35,000 markers worldwide to date.

Neat idea. However, I don't see this catching on as the next big thing. I'm fairly certain that 99.9% of these markers are fake, and even then the comments people leave are pretty boring. The other major issue I see is that this could lead to some creepers using this information for who knows what.

Next time you make love, will you be dropping a marker on Google Maps?

0 comments: