Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A T-Swizzle and T-Pizzle Collaboration



You may not be a country music fan, but odds are you won't be able to escape the opening of last night's CMT Music Awards, which featured Taylor Swift kicking dope rhymes with T-Pain.

Personally, the whole Andy Samberg shtick is growing a little tired to me, but since I'm a huge fan of Taylor Swift, and since country rap hasn't been the same since Cowboy Troy, I'll let this one slide.

While I'm sure that this video by itself is going to be huge, do you think it's going to draw in a broader audience to country music? I'm pretty sure T-Pain wasn't brought in to appeal to the country folk.

Taylor Swift is about as crossover as it gets, and hits a much younger target than Shania ever went after. Maybe it's a step in that direction? Does it even matter?

I hope at the next major music awards show, they collaborate again, only this time have T-Swizzle on the AutoTune and T-Pain singing with a country twang over banjos.

0 comments: