Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Groundswell: Social Technographics Profile Tool

I've been reading this book called "Groundswell: Winning in a World Transformed by Social Technologies" for school and for future career purposes. Within my internship, this book will be a critical asset to me in putting together a solution that works. A lot of the book centres around the idea that social media success isn't about using every social media platform available. It's about using the right tools based on the audience you want to talk to.

The book is full of Social Technographics profiles (like the one pictured above), and I kind of hoped there would be a free solution to getting a hold of some profiles myself.

Well, there is. And I'd love to share it with you.

With the tool, you can make Social Technographic profiles based on age, country and gender. While the tool doesn't dig too deep, it's a great free starting point to putting together a plan that makes sense.

For anybody interested in working with social media, the book is well worth a read. Thankfully for me, I got mine for free after attending their Ad Week presentation in New York last year. However, knowing what I do know now about the book, I would buy the book if I didn't already own it.

0 comments: