Monday, April 6, 2009

LEADERS OF THE NEW: The Blueprint

"The revolution will not be televised."
- Gil Scott Heron

The revolution is here, on jettlandicho.com. Not just me, but I'm bringing some friends along with me. Together, we'll begin (and hopefully) maintain a section of my blog called "Leaders of the New", where I'll be interacting with the next generation of advertisers.

For the past two years (and in some cases, longer) I've been in the company of some of the brightest young minds entering the advertising industry. Some of them have just gotten their foot in the door while others are trying to find their way in. What they all have in common though, is that they're the future of this industry. While Ad Week or Marketing Magazine won't talk about these guys and gals (yet), their stories are just as compelling as anyone else's. They're hungry to establish themselves, and maybe their fresh ideas, skills and work-ethic will revolutionize the game.

Through "Leaders of the New", here's their chance to get a bit of spotlight before they hit the big time. To start, I'll be doing interviews with them, but we could take this a lot farther depending on how far we want to go. At the very least, it's a chance for them to put their best foot forward when potential employers Google search them. At most, who knows?

The wheels for this are already in motion. As I'm typing this, at least a dozen people have committed to partake in this endeavour. Some people already have their questions. And depending on where we go with this, there's potential to do so much more.

While I can't commit to a regular time-frame for these just yet, I'm thinking maybe once a week or so for each "Leaders of the New" feature.

Want to be a "Leader of the New"? Send me an e-mail and we'll see what we can do!

Until we get our act together and start this feature off for real, check out this classic LARPing video:


0 comments: